Vice President of Program Development
As Vice President of Program Development, Joseph Quintana is responsible for providing strategic executive leadership, guidance and oversight to programs and services operated by the Foundation, including new business development, internal Information Technology Services, and program offerings such as Youth and Adult Services, College Buys, and Technology Services.
- Providing financial forecasting and management of annual program budgets.
- Building strong relationships with program partners, vendors, and key customers.
- Expanding program and service offerings in collaboration with key initiatives and needs of the Chancellor’s Office, Board of Governors, and colleges.
- Serving on the Foundation’s Executive Management Team and acting as a key executive liaison to the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office.
In his past role as Executive Director of CollegeBuys, Joseph identified, developed, and managed cooperative purchasing programs that provide significant discounts to California Community Colleges as well as college faculty, staff, and students. Joseph was also responsible for developing partnership agreements, marketing program offerings, strategic planning, development of public contract code compliant contracts, and program budgets. Joseph has supported various facilities-specific programs, including the California Community Colleges Investor Owned Utilities Partnership.
Prior to joining the Foundation’s CollegeBuys program in 2003, Quintana was a student intern through the Foundation’s Career Pathway Program. In this position, he worked for the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office supporting the 17-member Board of Governors. During this time, he gained first-hand knowledge of California Community College system governance.
Quintana has obtained a Masters of Business Administration from the Graduate School of Management at the University of California, Davis. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from California State University, Sacramento. Quintana is also a California Community College alumnus, having completed transfer courses from Cosumnes River College in Sacramento.
Areas of expertise:
- Business development and management
- Information Technology services
- Program management
- Group purchasing